Gica

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sfantul Nicolae/St.Nicholas

I have always loved this day. It was one of the less superficial holiday I have grown up with. I remember as a little child just wainting and waiting and being told about this guy who leaves presents in boots. The idea of leaving presents in some ones boots was such a novel wonderfull idea.

Now I am grown up and still love to pretend and play along. It gives me a feeling of being a kid but I feel like its worth while to keep this going? Bujor? Weren't you speaking of rituals? This is one ritual I can do without but in a strange way keeping the ritual keeps me happy and hoping for someting better.

If you have been nice and you would like to write santa a letter, he now has a website, please feel free to drop him a line:
http://www.moscraciun.ro/

2 Comments:

Blogger bujor tavaloiu said...

hey, first of all i was going to write you that entry now but i can't log into your blogger account anymore! it's your fault this time.

and oh my god i'm totally writing to mos craciun!!! yeah, i was just talking about rituals and i too like st. nicholas 'cause he's the real thing, not the commercial "santa claus" version that's so annoying! (and since i myself am more religious, of course i prefer the saint guy... :D ) btw, remember that before '89 we had to say "mos gerila" instead of "mos craciun" so as not to mention the christian aspect at all? uh, pretty damn "funny." can you imagine?

and the name "santa claus" comes from saint nicholas in some language, right? will have to look it up. in romanian "mos craciun" is kinda removed from that... hm...

and that reminds me of "six to eight black men" - my favorite story at this time of the year, it never gets old or boring.

xoxo
yours truly,
bujor.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Maslina Si Cartoful said...

I totally forgot I wanted to post the bit of David Sedaris's Six to Eight Black Men... Damn...

my blogger is now ilean.costescu@gmail.com

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home